Thursday, December 16, 2010

36. Gold Vision, 12 x 16, digital photograph

Gold Vision, by Bob Bickers, digital photograph, 2010
This is one of my photographs I have altered to resemble an oil painting.  Since many have created paintings to resemble photographs, I though turnabout was fair play.  I am not really sure how I feel about the idea of altering a photograph in this manner, but I figure that as long as I am not trying to deceive anyone, there should be no problem.  Is it art?  Well, it looks good to me, and it didn't exist before I went to the trouble of making it, so I say yes, it is art, and maybe a sub-category of art from altered photographs, something that has been with us since cameras were first invented. What do you think?

This photograph is currently on display at the East Suburban Artists League's annual exhibit at the gallery at Penn State New Kensington, Pennsylvania through the end of December, 2010.  Take a look at it and other fine artwork while you are there.  Here is the article on the art show that appeared in the Valley News Dispatch.  Click on the image to enlarge.

No comments :

Post a Comment